- Diabetická noha ( cs )
- Diabetic Foot Syndrome ( en )
- Stopa cukrzycowa ( pl )
- Diabetická noha ( sk )
- Piede diabetico ( it )
- Diabetisches Fußsyndrom ( de )
- Pierna diabética ( es )
- Picior diabetic ( ro )
- Diabetic Foot Syndrome ( en-us )
- Diabetic Foot Syndrome ( en-ca )
- Diabetic Foot Syndrome ( en-ie )
- Diabetic Foot Syndrome ( en-ph )
- Pé diabético ( pt-pt )
- Diabetic Foot Syndrome ( en-sg )
- Pierna diabética ( es-ar )
- Pierna diabética ( es-cl )
- Pierna diabética ( es-co )
- Pierna diabética ( es-ec )
- Pierna diabética ( es-mx )
- Diabetisches Fußsyndrom ( de-at )
- Diabetic Foot Syndrome ( en-au )
- Diabetic Foot Syndrome ( en-hk )
- Diabetic Foot Syndrome ( en-in )
- Diabetic Foot Syndrome ( en-my )
- Diabetic Foot Syndrome ( en-za )
- Pierna diabética ( es-pe )
- Diabetic Foot Syndrome ( en-usa )
Diabetic Foot Syndrome
Are the cracks or scratches on your lower limbs not healing? A disease called the Diabetic Foot Syndrome may arise. This disease can also manifest itself if you suffer from neuropathy, diabetes or lower limb ischemia.
Do not postpone an appointment with your physician. Manage your health issues in time. Would you like to manage diabetic foot syndrome now? You can utilize our health advisory centre.
Characteristics of Diabetic Foot Syndrome and its causes
Diabetic Foot Syndrome is a serious complication resulting from diabetes mellitus.
Diabetic Foot Syndrome comprises infection, developing an ulcer, or destruction of deep tissue of the foot. Symptoms are tied with neurological disorders in the affected area and peripheral artery or vascular disease.
Areas of frequent occurrence of Diabetic Foot Syndrome are big toe, heel, sole of the foot and the area just before toes.
Diabetic Foot Syndrome can lead to amputation of the foot and increases mortality in diabetic patients.
40 – 70% of lower limb amputations are performed due to Diabetic Foot Syndrome. Amputation is indicated for limbs with defects that are further complicated by gangrene.
What are the main risk factors leading to this syndrome?
- high blood pressure
- diabetes mellitus,
Diabetic Foot Syndrome treatment – rid yourself of the issue
The core element of dealing with the syndrome is prevention of symptom development.
Adjusting one’s lifestyle and following guidelines for diabetes therapy are both quite essential.
Special footwear for people with diabetes is recommended. It is necessary to avoid even the smallest of injuries and little wounds on the foot. Especially on the big and little toe. Taking good care of one’s feet plays a significant role in prevention of the syndrome.
Also important is regular exercise and rehabilitation.
In case of injury on the foot, various healing tools are implemented. For example moist wound healing.
When infection develops, antibiotic treatment is administered. Necrotic tissue requires surgical intervention.